Automated support removal and finishingfor metal Additive Manufacturing
No more manual support removal
Metal-AM postprocessing is difficult and could account for over 50% of the final price. Manual labor needed for support removal is very often the most expensive part of 3D printing process.
The safeEtch allows user to automatically remove supports without mechanical treatment and polishes surface even in places inaccessible with classical tools. Technology is based on chemical reaction accelerated with high-intensity ultrasonics.
SafeEtch is protected by a patent and 2 patent applications. Technology is used in a day-to-day production by our partners.
Production capability increased in 3 simple steps
Focus on part stiffness only. No need to think about easy access to supports, or limiting their amount for efficient removal. Internal supports are no longer a challange. safeEtch allows for design freedom that has never been available before. Customized supporting strategies can be implemented in standard CAD software saving time and money.
Mass production with SLM/PBF/DMLS is often limited to a single layer of printouts while stacking has been an advantage of EBM technology.
With safeEtch it is true no more. Having an effect of dissolvable supports we can freely stack multiple elements in the Z-axis without worrying about time consuming postprocessing.
Instead of spending whole day on one printout, a person can operate multiple machines working simultaneously. After the process parts are support-free and polished, edges are sharp and geometry well preserved.
safeEtch provides increased production efficiency, printout quality and process repeatability, reducing per-part cost.
Perfect surface and sharp edges
With assistance of ultrasonics, etchant will infiltrate each part of printed structure also internal supports in flexible joints and complex structures.
safeEtch reduces surface roughness, including internal channels and scaffold structures. Unlike electrochemical processes, ultrasonically assisted etching removes an uniform layer of material. Not only it smoothens the surface, but also keeps sharp edges.
The 4 safeEtch design principles
Internal filters connected to reaction chamber ensure that all dangerous gasseous byproducts, including NOx are neutralized. During device design, ease of use and user safety were no. 1 priorities.
All concerns regarding tradeoffs between support stiffnes and ease for removal are in the past. Process of optimum support design is automated with dedicated software.
High intensity ultrasonics ensure constant flow of the etchant in internal features and enables removal of solid or gaseous byproducts. Ultrasonic cavitation prevents localized corrosion and provides high uniformity.
Chemicals are designed to provide fast reaction to dissolute supports within minutes and without any pitting risk. No organic solvents are used and etching solution is neutralized right after the process.
AVAILABLE SETUPS AND FEATURES
- Support removal optimized for Ti-based alloys including medical titanium grade 23
- Single block support up to 50x50x20 mm (LxWxT) can be effectively removed
- 30-120 µm layer of printed material is removed during the process while keeping sharp edges
- Standard cycle takes up to 30 min including neutralizing and cleaning
- Reaction chamber integrated with ultrasonic transducers provides the highest possible support penetration
- Build-in fumes filter and scrubbers provide environment friendly solution
- Teflon piping and pumps provide undisturbed operation during machine lifetime
- Easy to use etchant tanks provide both cartridge and customized option
- User friendly touch panel keeps operator away from reaction chamber and allows for process monitoring
- Predefined support profiles are provided
- QBuild in process calculator adjusts process parameters
depending on printout features
- Various language options
- Processing chamber size:
a) 125x125x250 mm (LxWxH)
b) 300x300x300 mm (LxWxH)
- Ultrasonic power: 400 – 2000 W
- Ultrasonic frequency: 20 kHz
- Etchant volume: 20 L standard or 100 L optional tank
- Weight 200 kg (empty)
- 230 V DC/ 2000 VA powder supply
- Etching solution (sold in 20 L cartridges)
- Neutralizing agent (every 200 L)
- Fumes scrubber (every 200 L)
- 20 L standard etching solution lasts for 40 EOS M100 titanium builds
- Emergency stop
- Contactless operation
- Fumes extractor and neutralization
- Etchant neutralizing system
- CE marking
- Other in development
WE ARE THERE:
AMAZEMET Sp. z o. o. [Ltd.]
Al. Jana Pawła II 27
+48 573 481 303
You can find our
CODE OF ETHICS:
You can find our
Code of Ethics here
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
AMAZEMET Sp. z o. o. | Al. Jana Pawła II 27, 00-867 Warszawa, Polska | Sąd Rejonowy dla M. St. Warszawy w Warszawie, XII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego | KRS 0000780516, NIP 9512482142, REGON 383017558 | Kapitał zakładowy – 26 250 PLN (opłacony w całości)