& RESEARCH PLATFORM
rePowder is the most flexible materials design system on the market. It allows for materials alloying, casting and powders atomization in a single setup.
The basic setup can be easily upgraded with customized options such as various feeding units or casting methods – making any material and feedstock possible to process.
Induction and plasma:
Alloy & atomize any material
In metallurgy there are rarely methods of alloys processing that fit both Sn-based solders and refractory alloys. Arc-melting is a great method for Ta, Ti-based alloys but in contact with a plasma arc severe evaporation of volatile elements happens. The same issue is visible for ultrasonic atomization when particles fly through DC plasma arc.
With an induction based system it is easy to control chemical composition of processed alloy regardless of melting point. Our systems use both processing methods for highest R&D flexibility and the best powder quality. Feedstock for atomization can be prepared in the rePowder system without any auxiliary equipment.
Using rePowder you produce fine powder with excellent flowability – perfect for Additive Manufacturing and other Powder Metallurgy processes. Depending on frequency chosen d50 of the powder ranges:
- 40-60 μm for 40 kHz system,
- 80-100 μm for 20 kHz,
so no matter what the process is involved – powder suitable for AM can be produced quickly and efficiently.
For both induction and plasma-based atomisation, the process is carried out in inert gas – usually argon. Depending on research purpose reactive gases can be also used to obtain shell-core particles. With use of induction melting, processes can be carried out in vacuum as well.
PERFECTLY SPHERICAL PARTICLES
NO OTHER ATOMIZATION METHOD OFFERS SPHERICITY AS HIGH AS
UP TO 0,98
FREE FROM CONTAMINATION
AND CONTROLLABLE OXIDATION CONDITIONS THANKS TO AIRLOCK EQUIPPED POWDER CONTAINERS
WITH FULL MELTING CONTROL BY SPOT-ON MELTING TIG TORCH
PARTICLE SIZE CONTROL
THE HIGHER ULTRASONIC FREQUENCY, THE SMALLER PARTICLES
10-2 MBAR or 10-5 MBAR VACUUM IN THE CHAMBER
IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM
Failed printouts, chips, wire, rod, granulate and more – any material can be melted and atomized without prior preparation. Turn a full turbine blade from proprietary Ni-based alloy or golden earrings? We did that without any hesitation to obtain nice powder. If feedstock is in non regular shape or it is hard to control – simply cast it in rePowder and atomize it later. Special cased, automated feeder can be applied eg. for continus atomization with wire, rod or even non-spherical powder!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Instead of using high-velocity gas as in VIGA/EIGA equipment, rePowder uses high-intensity ultrasonic vibration to eject tiny droplets of molten metal which solidify from spherical powder. At high generality level rePowder works in the same way as ultrasonic humidifier although at way higher temperature. Velocity of the particle is very low between 100 mm/s and 250 mm/s thus it is possible to miniaturize atomization equipment without risk of spraying powder on the chamber walls. Material is molten either with induction and dips at the vibration surface or it is molten directly with plasma arc at ultrasonic unit.
CLOSED LOOP CYCLE
With the rePowder system any material is a suitable feedstock for atomization. Used together with metal 3D-printing devices it provides a closed-loop system for material processing. Oversized particles and failed prints can be atomized again, significantly reducing waste and demand for new material.
Imagine an infinite platinum or beryllium processing loop without any external supplier or subcontractor. Full material recycling can be realized in-house until all of the material is turned into a product.
AVAILABLE SETUPS AND FEATURES
ARC-BASED ULTRASONIC ATOMIZER
OPTIONS AND UPGRADES
- Adaptable stainless-steel vacuum chamber
- Integrated with any add-0ns and upgrades
- Final vacuum level below 10-2 mbar in standard version equipped with dual stage oilpump
- Overpressure and vacuum sensor (Pirani)
- Additional ISO-KF/ISO-K ports for sensor and custom development
- Arc-melting system with 6 coldcrucibles
- Powder collection chamber with airlock
- Quartz glass viewport
- 340 A 40% (290 A 60%) duty TIG system
- Plasma torch up to 500 A
- High Frequency Pulsation up to 20 kHz current pulsation
- Lift-off arc ignition
- Standard 20 kHz system – 1,5 kW maximum power
- Quick release flange – tooling change within 5 minutes
- Universal tooling for atomization and ultrasonic-assisted alloying
- Dual water-air cooling
- Replaceable sonotrode tips
OPTIONS AND UPGRADES
Vacuum-tight sample manipulator
- 225 cm³ graphite crucible
- 1300 °C maximum operating temperature
- Designed for precious and non-ferrous alloys
Multifrequency ultrasonic generator
- Working with any ultrasonic system
- 17 to 70 kHz frequency range
- Full phase and amplitude monitoring
- Adjustable transducer voltage
Exhaust gas recirculation system
- Designed for continous operation
- Nanoparticles production
- Texture-less microstructure
- Suction and continous casting
- up to 1 mm diameter and 100 mm length
On demand systems
- High vacuum option – up to 10-5 mbar
- 800 A plasma arc system
- Czochralski crystal system – monocrystals up to 3000 °C
- Ultrasonic forging – in situ severe plastic deformation
- Electron Beam Unit – up to 30 kV
WE ARE THERE:
AMAZEMET Sp. z o. o. [Ltd.]
Al. Jana Pawła II 27
+48 573 481 303
You can find our
CODE OF ETHICS:
You can find our
Code of Ethics here
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
AMAZEMET Sp. z o. o. | Al. Jana Pawła II 27, 00-867 Warszawa, Polska | Sąd Rejonowy dla M. St. Warszawy w Warszawie, XII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego | KRS 0000780516, NIP 9512482142, REGON 383017558 | Kapitał zakładowy – 26 250 PLN (opłacony w całości)